LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VISA Read

Hi everybody

Could somebody look over the VI i have attached and suggest the reason for the error. We like to read a variable length ASCII string with the terminating character to be carriage return. Following that we want to write some number to the MCU. we want to keep doing this in a loop for 8 times. We made this VI but we got an error at the READ vi (error code: 1073807339 occured at VISA Read in serial cmcn.vi) Possible reason given was: Timeout expired before operation completed. Please help... If nebody has any suggestions please reply... I would really really appreciate it...

Rani...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(3,407 Views)
Hi,
    Will suggest few changes in your exixting program and same is attached here. Let me know weather it works.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(3,399 Views)
Hi,
    Will suggest few changes in your exixting program and same is attached here. Let me know weather it works.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(3,406 Views)
Hi! I'm a new member of this forum...

Message Edited by MagicBotolo on 11-18-2005 06:45 AM

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(3,397 Views)
Hi, i've seen changes operated by Vikask and i agree with him. To realize every kind of communication between PC and external instrument you have to wait time between writing and reading values to and from instrument. Hi!
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(3,390 Views)
Hi Vikas

Thank you very much for your time.. unfortunately our school provided us LabVIEW 7.0.. so if it is not too much trouble, can  you send me a screen shot of the VI you created if the components are 7.0 compatible. I really really appreciate your help. 

Rani...
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(3,376 Views)

Here are a 7.0 version of his vi and an image

P.M.

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(3,373 Views)
Thank you everybody for the help.. but still we r getting errors... this time the error is not even defined for the error handler to display.. IF it is not too much could some body look over the error display and suggest what we are doing wrong... Thank you very much...

RSA\
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(3,361 Views)
First of all, what is the error code that you're getting now? You didn't attach the error display. Second, have you used Hyperterminal to see if you can communicate with your cable and port settings? Third, in your VISA write, you're not sending a termination character with the command. Most instruments require this. If everything works in Hyperterminal and doesn't in your LabVIEW program, this is a likely cause for an error. Lastly, have you tried one of the shipping examples for serial com. Both Advanced and Basic Serial Write and Read add a termination character to the write string (though in different ways). Have you tried one of those?
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(3,357 Views)

i am sorry this is the error screen shot... we tried with hyper terminal and it works..

thank you

Message Edited by rsabrah2 on 11-18-2005 02:42 PM

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(3,346 Views)