LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VISA: (Hex 0xBFFF006B) A framing error occurred during transfer.

Hello LabViewians,

I am getting this error. I had everything running pretty good until I changes the message processing logic because I was not meeting the timing requirements. Now I am meeting the timing requirement meaning responding within 10msec of getting a command. I was not meeting this timing requirement so I tweak the code little bit to respond to each  command i get. But, after I made the changes and I want to clafify here that I did not change any code that relates to visa interface, it started giving me this error. So, please help me out great minds out there.

Actually, I was thinking of supressing this error message because in the error prompt if I click on continue it runs for a while again. So, somehow if i can supress the error I think I will be fine.

Thanks,

Ananda
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(41,428 Views)
Hi Ananda,
I found a KnowledgeBase that discusses how to eliminate this framing error. (It lists the error in decimal instead of hex, but the issue is the same.) Below is the link.

Otherwise, if you want to eliminate a specific error code, this KnowledgeBase discusses how to clear a particular error code in an error cluster.

Regards,
Missy S.
Project Engineer
RoviSys
Message 2 of 7
(41,408 Views)
Hello Missy,

Thanks for your reply. I think my problem is that when this error occurs LabView does not just put on the error out. In stead of doing that it pops out a message like ( see the attatched pic) . I was wondering if there is any way to supress popping of this window and I think general error handler does not work for it.

Thanks for your response though.

Ananda
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(41,388 Views)
Hi Ananda,
You should be able to use the General Error Handler and use this error code as the exception. It will supress the popup window when you specify the exception action as "cancel error on match". It will not popup the error, but clear it instead. You can also clear the error before it gets to the error handler by using Clear Errors.vi. However, this will clear all errors, so you might want to have a case statement around it to only clear the error if the error code is -1073807253. You can also clear this error in the middle of your program where the error occurs, instead of clearing it at the end.

Regards,

Missy S.
Project Engineer
RoviSys
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(41,365 Views)
hi ananda,

im getting this error too, until i changed my ASCII-strings sending to com2. the problem is now solved. the number of bytes transferred was much greater then the "bytecount" input from VISAread. set this number to a higher value can solve the problem maybe. at my prog it work.

(Hex 0xBFFF006B) A framing error occurred during transfer        is close to
VISA:  (Hex 0x3FFF0006) The number of bytes transferred is equal to the requested input count. More data might be available.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(40,792 Views)

Hi people

I have the same error too. But it was when I change my LabVIEW verison from 8.5.1 to 8.6. So, my question is Why this error was not present In my LabVIEW 8.5.1?

There is an other way to solve it. My code whith the error is in the picture added.

Thanks .

A VECES DIABLO, A VECES ANGEL, PERO SIEMPRE YO
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(37,308 Views)

I was getting this error as well.  As it turned out, it was being caused by two separate problems, both of which is where the baud rate of the Serial port was set incorrectly.  The solutions are below.

1. Closing a serial port via VISA CLOSE, prematurely.  The read and write functions will automatically open a port, but when they open the port they will do so with the default configuration.  Make sure that you are not attempting to open a port, read, or write when it has not been configured since the last close.  Those closes will get you.

2. Just plain setting the port to the wrong baud rate will aso give framing errors.

To debug this you can point the visa property node at various points in your loops or code and check the baud rate.  

Functions>Instrument I/O>VISA>Advanced>Visa Property.....Then select the property from the menu>Property>Serial Settings>Baud

This will let you see what the baud rate is that the serial port is actually set to.

If you probe the purple Visa Line you can get the same information after you have run the vi at least once with the probe active.  It has a custom probe that will give you the baud rate.

Happy Hunting

-Regards

eximo

"I had rather be right than be president" -Henry Clay
Message 7 of 7
(22,464 Views)