LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VISA: (Hex 0xBFFF0011) Insufficient location information or the device or resource is not present in the system.

i have same problem when i run my it shows same error.As in my case i was using this code in  personal computer but now i have connected it to my laptop abd it is showing same error.As from above discussion i have also used MAX to cofigure port and when i run open visa test panel it still showing error.I have attached some screen shot.Please help me in this matter.I am very new in labview.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 27
(12,266 Views)

It looks like there is some error in the installation of the serial driver - hence the exclamation point. Is this a USB-RS232 converter? From what vendor?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 27
(12,255 Views)

I am having a similar problem to those stated above. I am controlling a power supply through a USB to serial bus converter (USB in computer Serial in Power supply) and it works fine when I'm working on the vi. However, as soon as I build the application and try to run the .exe file I recieve the same error as those guys stated above, and now it doesn't work in the .vi program when I go back into it to debug the issue. I have to go all the way into my deepest sub vi then change ports on my computer and it works at the lowest level and then the highest level in the .vi but again when I try to use that port in the .exe file it returns the error. Am I forgetting a build specification or something? thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 27
(11,008 Views)

What versions of the VISA drivers, LabVIEW, the OS are you using? It is possible you need to upgrade your drivers. What type of system are you communicating with, laptop, desktop...? USB in general is not always the most robust for communication as the operating system does not always maintain the proper voltages to those USB outputs. Consider using a USB terminal in the back of your pc or using an externally powered USB hub.

Ian M.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 27
(10,989 Views)

I was receiving the exact same error as this and found that the cause (in my case) was an illegal character in the VISA Alias that I was using.

Michael 

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 27
(9,138 Views)

I want to know the answer ,I have the same problem with you 

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 27
(8,594 Views)

Hi,

Could you provide some more details about your setup? What hardware and software (versions) are you using? Have you tried any of the troubleshooting steps mentioned already in this thread? If so, what were the results? If you could attach a screenshot that would also be helpful.

Thanks!

Selene
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 27
(8,569 Views)

I also have the same problem. Let me explain you my setup;

I connected my Ethernet cable in between my computer and CompactRIO. I can collect data in this way. There is no problem. But when I connect third party hardware to the RS232 port of CompactRIO, I can not communicate with the hardware.

To find out what happens, I tried to make loopback testing. I shorted RX and TX pins of the RS232 and observed. But when I sent a command which is for example 5-byte, I read 0 byte from the VISA Read function and the program gave me no error.

In MAX, I can not see com ports. Also I can not see com ports on Device Manager menu.

I really do now know what is going on. Any help please?

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 27
(7,297 Views)

I would suggest posting this as a new forum post and referencing this one to raise visibility. Not many people will see your new response unless they were active in this old thread.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 27
(7,282 Views)

I am also having this issue as the OP, though I did set up an alias as recommended, with no luck.  I'm using an instrument driver from the equipment manufacturer, but their driver VI's seem to have standard IVI type calls underneath

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 27
(6,094 Views)