LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VISA Error: 1073807360 when trying to open connection to SMAC actuator unit.

Hello,

I am having trouble opening a connection to my SMAC actuator unit. I currently have the serial connection running through an MOXA NPort and then to the motion controller. I have confirmed through hypertrm that the connection and com port settings are correct and can control the unit. When I use the Visa open connection VI I recieve the error above. My visa settings are as such:

Baud - 9600

Data Bits - 8

Stop Bits - 10

Parity - 0

TermChar En - F

TermChar - A

Flow Cntrl - 1

Any thoughts are appreciated! 

-Cullen

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,756 Views)
It's unclear top me what you are doing. The inputs to the VISA Configure Serial Port are enums that would say stop bits 1, parity none and you would not use the VISA Open at all.

What version of NI-VISA? What OS?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,741 Views)

Hi Cullen,

Would you please send a screen shot of the code? Why are you using 10 stop bits? 

VISA Error -1073807360 (system error) or Error -1073807302 when Stop Bits Set to 1.5

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/D2084EC381319CC386256A1D006F1415

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,634 Views)

I don't think he is useing 10 stop bits.

That is just the value of the ring constant that is wired into the Serial Config subVI for 1.0 stop bits.

1.5 stop bits has a value of 15.  2.0 stop bits has a value of 20.

Message 4 of 7
(3,629 Views)

@RavensFan wrote:

I don't think he is useing 10 stop bits.

That is just the value of the ring constant that is wired into the Serial Config subVI for 1.0 stop bits.

1.5 stop bits has a value of 15.  2.0 stop bits has a value of 20.

This gets me in the forums EVERY time... I never remember that.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,618 Views)

Cullen,

Were you ever able to figure out the VISA Error -1073807360 when using VISA write to your actuator? I get a similar problem when controlling my actuator with an arduino.

Per my attached screenshot, I will get several successful digital writes which move my actuator. Then in my main VI, it outputs an ERR 5001 (timeout) by default, but when I dig as deep as i can go, the error is -1073807360 in the visa write function.

Thanks,

Kyle

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,432 Views)

i guess your line to communicate the serial port is broken,good luck!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,333 Views)