From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VISA Advanced Palette

Solved!
Go to solution

2014sp1                                                                                   2013sp1 (and earlier)

2014VISA Advanced.png2013VISA Advanced.png

Yes we know its a merge vi of a Property node with the VISA Instr class pre-selected.  I liked the old name better.  I'm sure others did too-

Spoiler
 Oooooo, what an idea!  Lets make sure one of these makes it into the Worlds Fastest Competition this year at NI Week.  Really mess with Darren's mojo!

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 1 of 9
(3,956 Views)

I suspect this is a bug.  Notice that the .vi is at the end which is probably the VI name, where the older version just says "VISA Property Node" which is probably the custom VI title which is what shows up on the palette if there is one.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,934 Views)

It's not good that it's pushing the important part of its name out of the picture. You don't hear people saying "put that merged VISA thing on there", most of the time everyone just says "drop a property node on there".

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,932 Views)

@James.M wrote:

It's not good that it's pushing the important part of its name out of the picture. You don't hear people saying "put that merged VISA thing on there", most of the time everyone just says "drop a property node on there".

if you type Ctrl+Space then "merge"  you'll see the full list of other potential Quick Drop Short-cuts that are broken buy this.  I just happen to do a lot of instrument communications a Ctrl+Space, Ctrl+VP was a nice way to drop a VISA Property node- til nowSmiley Sad I just need to fix it and add a note to self on my "MyLabVIEW" ReadMe file

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,840 Views)

Jeff,

I have no idea what is up with your install.  My palette looks just fine.

LabVIEW 2014SP1 f1

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,770 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JÞB

Found your problem.  Look in the options and you will find an option that you must have deselected somehow.

Yeah, with that item deselected, you see the actual VI names in the palette instead of what was put as the Window Title.  Honestly, I don't even see why this option should even exist.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 6 of 9
(3,762 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

Honestly, I don't even see why this option should even exist.

Well I certainly didn't know it existed.  I knew this feature existed (and mentioned it in my last post) but had no idea it could be turned off.  We use this all the time in our internal reuse structure where a VI might be "company_name_function.vi" but on the palette we want it to show up as just "function.vi".  Even in VIPM you can edit the short name of functions or controls and I think this is all it changes.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,737 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

Found your problem.  Look in the options and you will find an option that you must have deselected somehow.

Yeah, with that item deselected, you see the actual VI names in the palette instead of what was put as the Window Title.  Honestly, I don't even see why this option should even exist.

Tim,  How am I ever going to pass my CLA exam when there a holes that big in my understanding of LabVIEW!  I have no idea how that got reset from the default "Contains a check"

And, the day after I tossed out a mondo tip on knowing your options dialog inside-outSmiley Embarassed

Mega Kudos

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,700 Views)

Spoiler
 Oooooo, what an idea!  Lets make sure one of these makes it into the Worlds Fastest Competition this year at NI Week.  Really mess with Darren's mojo!

Now... you know Darren is NOT competeing this year right? He is retiring from the competition as undefeated. There WILL BE a new "World's Fastest LabVIEW Programmer" this year!

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,679 Views)