From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VI with simple .NET call cannot be executed on certain PCs

Hi All,

I have a really strange error. I have an app that works fine on most PCs, but does not work on some (usually very far away) PCs. I have been able to really strip the issue down to some .NET calls. I have created a very simple test VI, all it has is some trivial LabVIEW code and some basic .NET. When built into an executable I get the error message "The VI is not executable. The full development version of LabVIEW is required to fix the errors".

In the past I have had these errors, and been able to fix them by putting .exe.config file next to the built executable. This does not seem to work on certain PCs for some reason. I have checked that the versions of .NET all match, and in fact I can run a simple .NET application written in C#, so it is definitely something weird going on with LabVIEW. I can run normal LabVIEW executables fine, so it is not the LabVIEW runtime as far as I can tell.

The code is written in LV2013 (32-bit) and is running on Windows 7 64-bit. As I said it works fine on several other PCs.

Digging deeper, getting some very strange issues when I run dependency walker on this executable on the other PC. It seems for some reason it is trying to load the modules as x64, whereas on my PC it is all loaded as x86.

Any bright ideas?

Note this is a cross-post from lavag.org (here)

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,087 Views)

I'm seeing the same thing here with the same environment.

I can call my DLL with a simple console mode .NET application but any calls from Lab View fail with the same error.

In attempting to track down the problem I have found that installing the Windows SDK on the offending machine corrects the problem.  It would appear that the Lab View runtime is relying on something that the SDK installs.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,942 Views)