LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VI web publishing for dummies

HI,
To be honest, although I believe I am a experienced LV user, I am not that much familiar with networking, and I couldn't find a "for dummies" guide to publishing VIs, hence the question here. I want to obviously puvlish my front panel so that it is remotely controllable. I am running the VI on a laptop, which is wirelessly connected on the internet, whereas the "index.html" file of the front panel web page is hosted on the university server.
I set the web server to be something like "C:/users/desktop/web", published an index.html file, which I then copied to the virtual drive of the university. When I load the page on a web browser though, although I can read the page, I get the message on box that the vi was supposed to be, that "The server does not support remote panels".
Clearly I am doing something wrong here, or I haven't understood something in the procedure.
Any help is appreciated!
Thank you in advance! 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,394 Views)

We both are in same boat, but I did pass the first hurdle, do see here and also refer to the link in that post

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,390 Views)

For the specific error message that you are seeing, review this document: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/C23EF1551D8C52ED86256B140073EE2E

As for starting material, here's one: http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/4791

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,382 Views)

Thanx for the quick replies!Unfortunately, before posting this question, I had already checked these links, and still didn't manage to work out!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,375 Views)

I also had big trouble getting a frontpanel to run on a cRIO 9074. The solution was to move the html-file one level up from \ni-rt\system\www to \ni-rt\system and changing the respective DocumentRoot entry in \niwebserver.conf.

Also this is a known issue (#255627), but there is no official workaround.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,339 Views)