LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VI's associated with NI-IMAQ aren't there after installation

I am trying to use example VIs made to do imaging using  a  firewire digital camera (Qcam). They were made for labview 6.X or 7.1 and I have access to labview 7.0 and 8.0. (7.0. doesn't work with them, but 8.0 does). They require the use of NI-IMAQ VIs to operate.  After downloading and installing the NI-IMAQ 3.0.1 and 3.1.1 packages, these VI's still don't seem to be present anywhere in the directory to which I installed the package. Leaving me unable to use labview to communicate with my camera. Labview just searches for a longtime for these important VIs (like "create" and "dispose") and gives up without finding them. How can I get them installed and thus be able to use the sample VI's provided with my camera?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,344 Views)
Hi stxmuser,

Have you tried using your OS's search function? Is there a reference to IMAQ anywhere on your disk?  The first question seems to be were files not installed or just not installed where you think (or Labview thinks) they should have been.

cheers,

--Russ
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,340 Views)
Hello again,
 There is indeed a NI-IMAQ directory that contain various useful files such as drivers, librariries and "C" inclusion files but no sign anywhere of the necessary VI's that I want to use.
If the installation doesn't put these VIs (like create and dispose) in the IMAQ directory, does anyone know where I should start looking? And at the risk of asking the obvious: what are the file names of these VIs? ("IMAQ-create.vi"?) It's important to have something to look for when looking.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,333 Views)
Hello stxmuser,

Your first question that mentions the examples do not work with LV 7.0 would probably suggest the examples were written in LV 7.1 and would therefore not work in an older version.  Loading them in LV 8.0 should continue to work fine.

LV searches specific folders such as vi.lib, which is where the IMAQ create and IMAQ dispose VIs should be located.  If you are browsing your file system you should find them in ...\LabVIEW 8.0\vi.lib\Basic.llb\specific VI.  You probably won't be able to search your hard drive for the VIs since they are wrapped in a .llb and therefore aren't recognized by Windows as individual files. 

I would suggest downloading versions 3.5.1 of the IMAQ drivers available here for Windows.  That should add those VIs and also add the specific palettes in LV as well.  When LV is searching for the specific VIs it should tell you the name of the file that it is looking for.  If this doesn't work please include a list of the VIs that LV cannot find.
Travis Marsh
NI Florida
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,321 Views)