LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VI program running nonstop

Dear BulMicroBio,

there really are not many things that can be wrong in this case and most of them can be detected after we see your VI (makes absolutelly no sence to continue this discussion without the source code of your program). If it is a problem to post it to a public forum, please contact your local NI techsupport. Even LV 2012 is no longer officialy supported ( http://www.ni.com/labview/product-lifecycle/ ) I am sure, that my coleagues, or even I (if you are from CZ/SK) will help you.

Have a nice day!

B/R

Jozef Lipták
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(1,932 Views)

As I understand, there are no special options that have to be selected or configured in order to VI work continuosly when it is automaticly started when opened. Am I correct?

The problem is more like with the way the program is coded or organized. Is it possible the problem to have something in common with the type of time. I mean absolute and relative or this is only in charts?

I will test again the program to see what is happening exactly. But I remmember that the program was stopping like it is normaly stopped with the ABORT button.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(1,886 Views)

The game of "50 questions" can be fun

Not really.

Steve Bird
Culverson Software - Elegant software that is a pleasure to use.
Culverson.com

Blog for (mostly LabVIEW) programmers: Tips And Tricks

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(1,876 Views)

there are no special options that have to be selected or configured in order to VI work continuosly when it is automaticly started when opened. Am I correct?

--- That is correct.

Steve Bird
Culverson Software - Elegant software that is a pleasure to use.
Culverson.com

Blog for (mostly LabVIEW) programmers: Tips And Tricks

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(1,874 Views)

@BulMicroBio wrote:

But I remmember that the program was stopping like it is normaly stopped with the ABORT button.

Stopping with the abort button is not "normal". Is there any other mechanism to stop the VI?

For example if there is a while loop and the stop condition defaults to stop with the default value of the connected control, the VI will stop after one iteration. If you set the control via a local variable to "not stop" in parallel to the main code, a slight difference in scheduling can determine the outcome.

Why are you continuing this discussion after being asked several times to post your code, but you still refuse to do so? There is no need to keep guessing and composing convoluted conspiracy theories. This is completely pointless!

WE NEED TO SEE YOUR CODE!

Message 15 of 18
(1,872 Views)

There are no conspiracy theories nor there are need for such things! The explanation is very simple.

I am not the person developing the VI. My colleague, who is working with the LabView, will look at the program soon, because she is busy right at the moment. I wanted to know what is the type of the problem. Is it connected with the program itself or something outside the VI and connected with any LabView settings. I understood with your help that the problem maybe connected with the VI and it is not a principle problem, which I can easily solve.

That's all folks!

However, the difference in run mode when started with the RUN button and automaticale on openning the VI, remains a mystery to me (<-:}

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(1,793 Views)

You should think about building a .exe from the VI and running this as startup application ( http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/8B0772F1E926C55D86256EE900778BDE ). Not launching LV and the VI after Windows starts. This is:

1. more complicated
  2. more things could get wrong
  3. takes longer

B/R

Jozef Lipták
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18
(1,770 Views)

As we already said, there is no real mystery, you have a race condition or a doing something wrong.

However, this thread is a complete waste of our combined expertise, because you are withholding critical information and feeding us with tiny ambiguous bits of vague descriptions. You don't attach any code. You don't even tell us exactly how you are "automatically starting" the VI (just set to run when opened, then double click it; add a script to the startup folder; modify the registry; etc.).

Does it really run once or not at all (e.g. if you open a VI set to auto run from within a project, it won't).

And yes, if you are not the person developing the VI, as for a standalone executable instead. Running in the development environment is not the right thing for you.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(1,739 Views)