LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VI program running nonstop

I have a VI program in LabView 2012 that runs nonstop when is started with the RUN button. The problem is that when it is started automaticaly with Windows XP (VI opened and autostarted) the program runs once and than stops.

What must be done to run the program nonstop like when the RUN button is pressed, but without user intervention?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18
(4,516 Views)

hi BulMicroBio 

It will be better to post your code.

Do want to start the VI When the using Windows start up?

Do you want to Run the VI once its opened?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 18
(4,513 Views)

I use user autologin in Windows, so when Windows is started a user is auto logined and Labview started with the VI program also stared. The problem is that VI is run only once. When it is run from RUN button the loop is working nonstop, but when it is auto started as I described in the beginning it runs once and stops.

I don't have the VI at the moment.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18
(4,501 Views)

Is it a VI or an EXE of a code which is auto running? You said LabVIEW started that means its an VI (assuming).

Can you please check any error wired to the While Loop (in your case assuming Loop) STOP terminal?

See ...the problem is surely causing due to known issue but unless and until you will share a code or detailed information it is difficult to trace the problem

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 18
(4,496 Views)

The program is VI and not compiled EXE.

I see that thare are 2 buttons for starting VIs. RUN and RUN CONTINUOSLY. Maybe I have to set somewhere the exact run mode when the program is set to start when opened?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 18
(4,473 Views)

If you are using the "Run Continuously" button...

You will need to add a loop to your application so that it will repeat.

Grid-up your loins after that becuase if your program has not been written correctly... you will have some more LabVIEW lesssons ahead of you.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18
(4,469 Views)

I start the VI with RUN button, not RUN CONTINUOUSLU and it runs nonstop!

But when I set the option "Run when opened" in order the operation of the system to be without user actions, it runs once. There is difference in the 2 situations that I don't understand!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18
(4,463 Views)

Post your a code and someone will take a look.

The game of "50 questions" can be fun but it can take quite a while when talking about a programming issue.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 8 of 18
(4,459 Views)

Like Ben said, we need to see the code or you need to explain what's in the code..

If you select "Run when opened" in the Execution property window of VI Properties it will indeed auto-run the VI when launched. However, without knowing inputs and loops you have in your VI, we can't diagnose why it's exiting the loop and only running once. If you're calling this VI from VI Server, the Run When Opened is ignored and you'll have to drop an invoke node to Run the VI.

CLD | CTD
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18
(4,445 Views)
How do you know it's running only once.whether you VI run button turns white after sometime or VI closes by itself.

What's the difficulty in posting the code?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18
(4,393 Views)