LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VI is not in runable state : state 0x0..

i have modified the existing VIs of a test system made in labview 4....when i run the VIs , an error appears on the execution of the 1st VI named as"prerun.vi"...it gives an error "error occured at the run of prerun.vi , the VI is not idle ..state=0x0 ..possible reasons: labview: the VI is not in runable state"...and it gives this error in the running of every next VI ..the GPIB instruments connected in the test set are not addressed properly....i have changed the old GPIB AC power supply "behlman AC power supply"..and modified the software for the use of a new GPIB ac power supply .."california instruments power supply"...when i am running the new VIs ...the above mentioned error is generated and it gives that "GPIB controller is not addressed properly"...please help me on this ...i have only two days deadline...thanks for your co operation...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,082 Views)

it is so upsetting for me that nobody answered my question.....i am in deep trouble...Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,050 Views)

>> the VI is not idle

this would indicate the code is attempting to run a VI that is not in an idle state, and I'm going to guess it is using VI Server to do this.

For a VI to be executed, it has to be in a runnable state and also not currently running.

Can you post the code, or perhaps (given the code is very old and forum users are unlikely to be able to load LV4.0 VIs) some snapshots of the block diagram?

Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,040 Views)