From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VI is not executable, but no errors or warnings shown

Hi!  I have this VI that I created a while ago.  I edited one of the loop's condition today, and all of a sudden, the VI is not executable anymore!  I clicked on the broken arrow to see what errors were causing it, but the error list is empty.  Then I tried to rebuild the VI by holding Ctrl and Shift when clicking on the broken arrow, but no use, the VI is still not executable.  Does anyone have any idea?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,081 Views)
i just realized i had a "black box" output in my inner loop.  I'm suprise the error list won't list that...

See-Ming
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,046 Views)
I've just experienced a similar issue.  Evidently it happened when I changed an input to a while loop into a shift register, then later deleted that input.  The output terminal on the shift register was not deleted; I did not have my window at full screen and thus did not see the black box on the right side of the loop.

Is this a a bug with LabVIEW 8.01?  I've not experienced this in earlier versions, and I've certainly deleted a shift register on a while loop before.

It had me pretty frustrated, because the run arrow was broken but no errors were shown in the error list.
Message 3 of 5
(3,024 Views)

I did want to let everyone know that this is a known bug that our R&D team is currently working on. The only real work around is to find and delete the tunnel. I hope that everyone at least feels better knowing that we do know about the issue. Thanks for everyones patience and sorry for the inconvenience.

Tyler H.

National Instruments

Message 4 of 5
(3,004 Views)
Thanks for the reply.

I feel partly responsible for my goof, because I should have seen the tunnel (loops bigger than your screen == BAD!).

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,000 Views)