LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VI in RUN mode refuses to STOP

I have attached a very peculiar VI. This VI will RUN but refuses to STOP because ALL the sTOP buttons refuse to function. Can it be repaured?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(3,010 Views)
Hi,

You will have to include subVIs amongst other things in your attachment. Then I have a chance running your VI to see whats going on.

Regards

Anders M
NI Denmark
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(2,988 Views)
I have attached the complete VI. It is in LV 6.0. Hope it helps. All the Best
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(2,987 Views)
You have removed the backpanels so carnt convert from 6.0 to 7.1, need backpanels to help you.

Regards

Paul
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(2,985 Views)
Or someone with 6.1 could take a look . . . Which I don't have at the moment.

Sorry!
Bob
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(2,983 Views)
Hi,

Just tried using 6.1, but you have saved the VIs without Block Diagram, so there is nothing I can do.
Save again with BD!

Regards

Anders M
NIDK
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(2,977 Views)
You'll have to save the VIs with the block diagrams. We need to be able to see the code to figure out what's going on.

Ed

Ed Dickens - Certified LabVIEW Architect - DISTek Integration, Inc. - NI Certified Alliance Partner
Using the Abort button to stop your VI is like using a tree to stop your car. It works, but there may be consequences.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(2,974 Views)
I had to delete all of the subVIs in order to run it. After that, I could stop the VI. You said "ALL the sTOP buttons refuse to function". There is only one button that will stop the VI. It's the abort button. Start the program and just press the abort. Does it stop now? If it doesn't, then its possible that one of the subVIs is stuck in a loop. since you posted the subVIs without diagrams, no one can look at them.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(2,968 Views)
Your top loop's initialize is never run. The wire coming from the Create Queue and Insert Queue Element is connect to the output of the create queue instead of the output of the insert queue element. This means that the User Abort Setup indicator is never getting set. Its value ANDed with anything will always be false, never stopping the lower loop.

Hope that this helps,
Bob
Message 9 of 14
(2,963 Views)
I am attaching the complete VI. Earlier I did not use custom save. Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(2,931 Views)