From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VI in RUN mode refuses to STOP

Hi,

I'm a bit confused about the "STOP" buttons, I only saw "Abort" buttons in the 22errors.vi which is what I am assuming is the top-level VI. I downloaded and ran your program in LabVIEW 6i (I had to cut out all of the Data Acquisition VIs because I have a newer driver version) and I was able to stop the VI using the "Abort" button without problem. What buttons in particular are not working and are they functioning at all? Do they simply do nothing when you press them?

I would suggested that you cut the VI down as much as possible, leaving only the queue that changes the state, and watch the VI run with highlight execution. This will likely help you pinpoint exactly what is going wrong.

Megan B.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(532 Views)
Hi,

The problem seems to be that one of your main loops is stuck in a subvi with a loop, Measure Frequency.vi or Read Scale.vi. These VI's dont know that you have pressed the stop or abort buttons and so they will try to complete there tasks. Until they return the main loop will never get around to performing the Stop or Abort task.

Regards
Ray Farmer
Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(522 Views)
Hi,

Simple addition to the Measure Frequency.vi will help it stop when the Start/Stop button is pressed.

Regards
Ray Farmer
Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(514 Views)
Sorry made a little error (leason also check the error path.....) see attached.

Regards
Ray Farmer
Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(511 Views)