LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VI ignores my INI file settings

Solved!
Go to solution

I have created a VI in Labview 7.1 in 2006 on Windows XP.

Now I wanted to use it again, under the runtime engine, but now I have Windows 7 and the control panel looks different.

On my current computer I have to use Windows system font 125% otherwise I would not see stuff on my screen. This causes the font on the VI to overrun other objects and it looks messy. If I change the system fonr to 100% then the VI looks good, just I cannot really use my computer for anything else at this 100% font setting.

I have no Labview Licence anymore, so I cannot modify the VI, all I can do is to run the EXE under the runtime engine.

I thought I would write these into my VI ini file, to compensate for the font enlargement:

FPFont="Arial" 7
BDFont="Arial" 7
appFont="Arial" 7
dialogFont="Arial" 7
systemFont="Arial" 7

Actually that is all that is in the ini file.

The problem is, the appearance of the VI is not effected by whatever I set in the ini file. That 7 at the end of the lines was supposed to set the font to be small (size 7), but it does nothing.

What is wrong? How to fix this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,579 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author buenos

what's the name of the ini file and where is it located?

The first line in the ini file should contain the program name in square brackets. What is the name of the application?

Message 2 of 6
(2,572 Views)

To add to what Christian said, a configuration file must contain a section and keys under that section.  The section is in brackets.  Then any setting under that section is a key.  The file is read using section and keys to look up values.  So if you don't have a section, your settings will not be properly read.

So if your file is just

FPFont="Arial" 7
BDFont="Arial" 7
appFont="Arial" 7
dialogFont="Arial" 7
systemFont="Arial" 7

it won't read these settings due to a lack of a section.  If you set the section to your appliaction name, then your settings should be properly read.

[Application_Name]
FPFont="Arial" 7
BDFont="Arial" 7
appFont="Arial" 7
dialogFont="Arial" 7
systemFont="Arial" 7

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 3 of 6
(2,540 Views)

Thank you. Now it works.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,512 Views)

@buenos wrote:

Thank you. Now it works.

Giving Kudos and marking the appropriate reply as the answer is the best kinds of thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,497 Views)

@Hooovahh wrote:

@buenos wrote:

Thank you. Now it works.

Giving Kudos and marking the appropriate reply as the answer is the best kinds of thanks.

As my signature says:  "There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions"

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,476 Views)