From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VI for measuring FRF having data writing problem

Solved!
Go to solution

Respected Sir/Mam,

I have created a Vi for measuring the signal during modal analysis. The Vi is giving a very good signal but the problem is in writing the data. The no of samples is given as 10K and rate is 100k but it writes only 5k datas in the file. The signals are good but the data logging is the problem. I have attached the VI. Your earliest reply will be very much helpfull to carry out my further work.

thanking you

ram

Message 1 of 4
(3,036 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author rampaul

Actually, there's nothing wrong. You are collecting 10k of time-domain data. The spectral analysis you are performing is transforming this into 5k of frequency-domain data. It looks like everything is as it should be.

Mike...

Message Edited by mikeporter on 01-28-2009 10:42 PM

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
Message 2 of 4
(3,015 Views)
 I first of all thank you for your valuable reply in the labview forum.
                       I posted a question sayiny the " VI for measuring FRF ( Freqency Response Function ) having data writing problem"  Sir actually the data i am storing is to be further used for plotting the mode shapes.
                            1. When i plot the data i am not getting back the orginal plot that i acquired during my experiment.
                            2. No of samples to read i have mentioned is 10K. But the VI reads only 5K data.
                            3. The rate is given as 100K
                      Sir i have attached the image of plot which i got from the experiment.The experimental plot is good the problem is qwith the data being saved it in not completly storing the data.
                       The problem is VI is storing only 5K data from 10K it is missing 5K of data while writing to file. I am attaching the VI and plot.
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,952 Views)

I need help for selecting a noise filter to eliminate noise while performing modal analysis. I'm performing modal analysis for a PCB board with solder balls and a chip mounted in fixture..  Please reply me for the neccessary things to be read regarding noise filters. 

Thank You.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,450 Views)