LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VI Window stays open when STOP VI is used

Hi,

I have developed a simple application which is running a while loop. I have used a command button to terminate the loop and have also hooked up this button to STOP VI function. It is working fine however when i press command button, the VI stops and goes into edit mode (i.e the screen still remains visible). What i want is when i press the command button, the VI stops and also closes.

Since i need to create an executable file for the client, i dont want the edit mode to appear once that command button is pressed.

Please advice.

Turri

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,567 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,558 Views)

You really should avoid using the Stop and Exit LabVIEW functions.  They are the same as hitting the abort button.  Make sure the VI can close appropriately and then close the front panel as the final action and you will be fine.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,554 Views)

Thanks everyone. Close FP property did the trick.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,538 Views)

I tack this on the end of any vi that I want to exit on completion.  This has the added benefit that it does not close if run on a development system, only when it is compiled and run as an executable

Written in LabVIEW 2009

Ken

Message 6 of 6
(2,534 Views)