From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VI Last Modified Date

Solved!
Go to solution

Finding the time/date of  VI's last modification is not so easy if it's in a .LLB.

Here is the only way I could find to do it (Is there a better way?):

VILM.png

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,541 Views)

I'll admit I've never had to figure out a last mod date, of a file in an LLB before, but I thought it would be eaiser than what you came up with, however I couldn't come up with a working solution either.  I did notice by the way that for me the minutes were dropped off for some reason.  Probably an issue with you scan from string but it looks right to me.

Would a mod date on the LLB work?  I guess you could have a VI1 in an LLB get modified and it would update the LLB mod date alone with VI1, but VI2 inside that LLB should have an older mod date and not share the date of the entire LLB.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,515 Views)

The code I created isn't robust because it assumes that the print method uses a particular time/date format.

I couldn't find any way to set or read the time/date format used in printing VIs.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,492 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author paul_cardinale

In "OpenG File palette" you can get the VI "C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2014\vi.lib\Utility\libraryn.llb\Get VI Library File Info.vi". This will give you last modified date in secs.

Get Last Modified Date.png

Message 4 of 5
(3,471 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author paul_cardinale

Thank you, that was a big help.

Note however that "Librarian Get Info.vi" works with VIs both inside & outside .llb files.

Also, converting seconds to a time stamp can be done more simply with "To Time Stamp"

VILM2.png

Message 5 of 5
(3,458 Views)