LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VI Front panel property to make it like On- screen key board,Front panel should not go to background

Hello,

I want to make my front panel to be always shown on My OS i.e. Windows 10 Screen parallely other applications can be used like excel, paint or other third party softwares,the mouse click event should not hide my front panel in backside exactly same way my vi front panel should  be treated as windows on screen key board works,  i tried with front panel properties like min max, standard etc.. but not getting the exact way please suggest if any one had done this.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,203 Views)

Hi,

For making frontpanel of a VI to be always shown, when you use other VIs parallely, you need to choose VI Properties->Windows Appearance->Window Behaviour-> as Floating.

If you want to do it when using other applications like excel, etc., I think you need to build exe using that VI and you can choose "floating" in Source file settings.

Thanks,

Nanthakumar T

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,182 Views)

Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

I tried with what u told ,but problem is that when i click on Excel for inserting value my exe application is getting minimized automatically , rather i want it to be open like On-Screen keyboard does.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,164 Views)

When you set the window to be floating, there's another checkbox under it for hiding it when LV is not active. That should not be checked. I haven't tried this myself, so I don't know if it will work.

If it doesn't, you can also make a call into the Win32 API to make your window always on top. Search for SetWindowPos and there should be some examples.

(3,149 Views)

Download this tool from NI.  Make your front ALWAYS on top.

Windows API Function Utilities (32-bit) for LabVIEW

George Zou
Message 5 of 7
(3,123 Views)

Hii,

Thanks a lot for the reply.

This technique worked but not fully, what I want is when I insert some value in Excel or draw something on paint my Front window of Labview builded application should not minimize automatically. Even though I Used this VI Server property in applicatioon instance and I put my VI not in Flaoting mode as the Property requires, this doesnt solve my objective.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,107 Views)

Hi

I have also tried to solve this issue. I need to measure a voltage with a USB-DAQ and in a VI add some calculations to it and via TAB key mark a field in a non Labview application where I by a press on some key enter the value in to that field. 

Just like windows on screen keyboard. Only difference is that I cant make my calculations in the on screen keyboard. 

Did you get your code to work?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,461 Views)