LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VI Analyzer "Some VIs and/or tests have been added to or removed from your file system since you last saved this configuration file."

Solved!
Go to solution

When I run VI analyzer and open our standard config file, the message "Some VIs and/or tests have been added to or removed from your file system since you last saved this configuration file." appears. Upon clicking OK, selecting something to analyze, and moving on to the VI  Analyzer - Select Tests dialog, the Tests selection control is completely empty and the Analyze button is greyed out.

I'm runing LabVIEW 2013 on Windows 7, VI analyzer did work before, and I have tried both repairing and uninstalling LabVIEW (then reinstalling) already. If I do not select a config file or try to reset all test configurations, the Tests control remains empty.

Is there any way to reinstate the tests, or fix just the VI Analyzer toolkit?

The only thing that I remember changing since I last ran the analyzer is that I installed DIAdem.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,189 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author gizmogal

Most likely someone accidentally moved the VIA tests folder by accident

VIA installs as a toolkit and would not repair with just a LabVIEW install

You could re-install from Developer Suite media if you have that otherwise:

Either 

Edit > Getting Started Window Or

Tools> Find LabVIEW Addons

will launch the VIPM search tool 

Search for VI Analyzer

Download and install

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 2 of 5
(3,186 Views)

That worked. Just FYI, if you are looking for it on disk, it's on disk 1 under    2014DS2DVD1_ENG\Distributions\LV_VIA.

And note, you need to download the version that matches your version of LabVIEW. The suggested search (from LV2013) brought me to the 2014 toolkit, so I ended up downloading that first, getting chastised that it needed LV2014, and then downloading 2013 after searching for it. (Someone else found it on disk after I was already done with this process).

Thanks for the quick reply!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,177 Views)

The suggested search (from LV2013) brought me to the 2014 toolkit,

That is unfortunate.  

Perhaps the Tools network needs a tweak

But, I had assumed you had your SSP up to date and LabVIEW 2014 installed.  The download would have worked thenSmiley Very Happy

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,168 Views)

We have quite a few validated systems to check out with new versions of LabVIEW so we don't necessarily instantly upgrade. But all is well, analyzer has been working just fine. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,066 Views)