LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VI Analyzer does not show up in tools menu

Solved!
Go to solution

According to this formum message the VI analyzer is available in normal LabVIEW. (Without most tests and no right click in Project, but it is there.) But I do not find it in the tools menu where it should be. (A printscreen is in this forum message.)

According to my answer to the first message, I must have found the menu. But now I looked for it in LabVIEW 8.6, 2012 and 2013 without finding it. The llbs are there in <LabVIEWdir>/project/_VI Analyzer, but nothing is in the tool menu. Why not?

Message 1 of 6
(3,341 Views)

Hi

It is maybe necessary to install the VI Analyzer seperate. Use this link to download the 2013 version of the VI Analyzer:

http://ftp.ni.com/evaluation/labview/ekit/other/downloader/2013VIAnalyz-Win_downloader.exe

Is the VI Analyzer available in LabVIEW 2013 after the installation?

Regards,

Stephan

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,274 Views)

According to this message installation of VI Analyzer Toolkit is *not* necessary.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,993 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author shb

If you place your test LLBs in the [LabVIEW Data]\VI Analyzer Tests folder, they should show up in all of your LabVIEW installations without requiring installation of the VI Analyzer Toolkit (in LabVIEW 8.6 and later). Make sure the test is saved in the earliest LabVIEW version you want to support. On Windows 7, the [LabVIEW Data] folder is here:

C:\Users\[username]\Documents\LabVIEW Data

If you're still having trouble, let me know which test(s) specifically you're trying to use, and I can make sure there aren't any problems with the tests themselves.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,979 Views)

Right, at least one test must be in [LabVIEW Data]\VI Analyzer Tests for showing the VI Analyzer in the Tools menu. (Except if the toolkit is installed.)

How could I oversee all the notes in the LabVIEW Help (tools menu, Creating a VI Analyzer Task, ...)?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,939 Views)

In some instances, you might have that folder "[LabVIEW Data]\VI Analyzer Tests" with some tests inside and the menu option would not show still (even after restarting LabVIEW and the PC).

Add a new test, or just duplicate one of the existing ones (you will have to restart LabVIEW after).

Note that, a couple of weeks ago, I had the same problem and the accepted answer solved it for me. Now the issue reappeared today, and this fixed it.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,384 Views)