LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using the Wrapper Library in LabVIEW to control Ocean Optics Spectrometer

Hello all,

I downloaded the OmniDriver+SPAM Windows Version (32-bit) at (http://oceanoptics.com/support/software-downloads/) to run an Ocean Optics USB2000 spectrometer. 

I've attached a VI which runs my spectrometer and outputs a spectrum. Everything works fine.

However, within this "Spectrometer Version 4.vi", there is no "Boxcar Width" (Wrapper_setBoxcarWidth) or "Scans to Average" (Wrapper_setScansToAverage) VI. I would like to add these VI's but I cannot figure out where or how they should be integrated into the code. 

Does anyone have experience using the Wrapper Library from Omni Driver that may be able to point me in the right direction? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,780 Views)
According to the website, the OmniDriver's wrapper libraries include Dynamic Link Libraries (DLLs) for Windows. To access functions within the DLL, you can use a Call Library Function Node in LabVIEW.  The Call Library Function Node supports a large number of data types and calling conventions. You can use this node to call functions in most standard and custom-made DLLs and shared libraries. Double-clicking on the VI on the block diagram opens a configuration window where you can specify properties of the function you want to call into (these can be found in the corresponding DLL header file). Hope this helps!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,729 Views)