LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using cDAQ under LVRT

LV2013, LVRT2013, PXI-8196 (, NI-DAQ mX 9.8.0

I'm trying to move code that deals with cDAQ chassis, from Windows (where it works fine) to LVRT (where it doesn't).

According to NI, NI-DAQmx 9.6 and above support cDAQ on RT.

Here's the code that works on the host.  The name of the device is "TCM01", as named in MAX.

The task here is empty for the first channel, and successive channels get added to that task.

cDAQ1.PNG

Here is what MAX says.  The HOST shows TCM02 as a 9172 chassis with five modules installed.

TCM01 is another 9172 chassis that I have temporarily (for testing) now attached to the PXI box.

The REMOTE SYSTEMS list just shows the chassis (I renamed it in MAX) - no modules are shown, and I see no way to add them:

cDAQ2.PNG

When I run some test code to just set up a channel, it fails with error -200220: Device Identifier Not Valid.

cDAQ3.PNG

I've never used VISA, I don't know how it is, or if it should be, involved with this, but MAX insists on telling me this long resource name, so I thought it might relate.

The VISA TEST panel shows a single error, which means nothing to me:

cDAQ4.PNG

So, am I wrong to try to talk to cDAQ on PXI the same as I do on the host?

How to I get it to recognize modules?

What am I missing?

Steve Bird
Culverson Software - Elegant software that is a pleasure to use.
Culverson.com

Blog for (mostly LabVIEW) programmers: Tips And Tricks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,347 Views)

OK.  Tech Support referred me to this:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/BE80D012BB933B54862572D6004FE5F9

Question 5:

Can I use my USB DAQ device with LabVIEW Real-Time?

NI-DAQmx for LabVIEW Real-Time is only supported on PharLap Real-Time systems with LabVIEW Real-Time installed. USB CompactDAQ devices (except the cDAQ-9172) are supported on PharLap Real-Time systems with DAQmx 9.6 or later and LabVIEW Real-Time 2012 or later.

They saw me coming, and decided to make it work for everybody except me, I just know it ...

😉

Steve Bird
Culverson Software - Elegant software that is a pleasure to use.
Culverson.com

Blog for (mostly LabVIEW) programmers: Tips And Tricks

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,313 Views)

Just a heads up, if you do get one of the PharLabs devices, you still won't see the modules in RT.  You'll see the modules in the FPGA portion of your code.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,304 Views)