From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using boolean logic to operate a CRC

Hi, guys.

I'm using a CRC-08-maxim VI to check 3 different bytes. The VI is attached in this post.

I want that every time one of the bytes changes, the CRC operates again, for the 3 bytes. For this, i'm using an event structure on which each byte value change activates it.

My problem is: I want the same 3-bytes combination to always produce the same CRC value, so when the CRC is unpacked, my checking is correctly done.

I imagine that (and correct me if i'm wrong), the way i'm doing things (with 8-bit entrance, for loop and shift register), I would need the CRC to reset at each 3 loops, so it check's the 3 bytes i'm plugging in. My reset would need to be a constant True-False-False sequence.

How can I do that?

(Do not consider the second CRC for loop - it was just a test i ran.)

Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,329 Views)

I don't have your subVIs, but it looks like all you really need to do is initialize your shift register.  You can also just use Build Array to combine your bytes instead of doing the weird string conversions.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,318 Views)