LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using a wiimote with LabVIEW

Dear sir:

I have succeed to get the acceleration data from "WiimoteLib12test (polling).vi " by your suggestion.

But I try to  get  the acceleration data from "WiimoteLib12test (Event).vi".

Could you give me a Example 

Thanks for your help
0 Kudos
Message 51 of 220
(7,294 Views)

I had some trouble getting the Wii Remote to connect to my Blue Tooth device.  When I realized my firewall software (Black Ice) was causing the problem, and stopped it, all the VI’s started to work.

0 Kudos
Message 52 of 220
(7,253 Views)

Hi,

I have trouble setting up the .NET constructor for the "managed wiimote" approach. (LV8.51, wiimotelib 1.2.1 and 1.5.2)

Here's what I have done:

1. download and unzip "wiimoteManaged" 

2. download the latest wiimoteLib

3. copy wiimotelib.dll into the wiimoteManaged-directory

4.  open an example (eg "wiimotelib121test (polling).vi"

while loading I get errors (can't find wiimotelib.dll even though it's there)

if I ignore all this and try to set the constructor manually (by doubleclicking the .NET constructor node), I can't load wiimotelib.dll.

I get "the selected file is not a .NET assembly, type library or automation executable".

(tested this with v1.2.1 and 1.5.2 of wiimotelib).

I have tried to register the dll with regsvr32, doesn't work (no entry point)

Am I missing something here? I have been using .NET assemblies in other projects without any problems...

btw, the wiimote.dll - approach (without .NET) works fine.

Thanks for your help. 

-DB
0 Kudos
Message 53 of 220
(6,881 Views)

Hi bef,

I have not reviewed the previous six pages of messages in this thread, but why are you trying to use the wiimote.dll as a .NET assembly?  You should either use that DLL in C# or download the LabVIEW specific implementation here.

Message 54 of 220
(6,856 Views)
Hi Pakman, well, as I said, I had no problems using the wiimote.dll. But the approach shown here: http://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-1353 uses a .NET dll and I can't get to work.
-DB
0 Kudos
Message 55 of 220
(6,845 Views)
How were you able to make the DLL work? Did you get this DLL from the link you mention?
Eli S.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 56 of 220
(6,822 Views)

Hi DB,

My mistake, I forgot you already tried the LabVIEW method.  I went to the provided URL and noticed that the page was updated today (8/26).  When I downloaded the files and opened the Simple Polled Acquisition.vi, it worked fine (after finding the WiiMoteLib.dll in a new location).  Thus, try downloading the newest package and see if the example VI works.  You should not need to register the DLL or anything.

0 Kudos
Message 57 of 220
(6,808 Views)
Has anyone come out with 7.1 support yet? It would be really helful. Thanks!
Andy Milluzzi

Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology
University of Florida
Computer and Software Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 58 of 220
(6,550 Views)
I was wondering if anyone has gotten multiple wiimote working in LabView. How do you go about doing this?
0 Kudos
Message 59 of 220
(6,299 Views)

The Wiimote - LabVIEW interface example that I've posted here: http://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-1353 should handle multiple Wiimotes. Haven't tried it yet though. 😆

--Sam

Sam Shearman
0 Kudos
Message 60 of 220
(6,274 Views)