From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using a wiimote with LabVIEW

Hello JohannS,
I am having trouble in getting the vis running. I am completely out of practice in programming LabView (I only downloaded the Evaluation Version). Can you support me with a complete vi for setting up the wiimote and reading especially the infrared-point data.
I have the wiimote connected (Broadcom 2045 Bluetooth 2.0) and I can work with the vis from sshearman. But  don't get any results from your vis.

Regards
Maenne

0 Kudos
Message 41 of 220
(8,756 Views)
Which set of VIs did you download from the post? I would recommend you to look at the ones that have been posted on the Wiimote Driver Wiki.

The examples that are included with the Wiimote VIs would be a good starting point for building your application. The Usage IR Sensor.vi will be the more specific to your particular application.

I hope this helps!
Mehak D.
0 Kudos
Message 42 of 220
(8,696 Views)
Okay, this is cool. 
What's cooler is how I'm getting data from the wiimote without using the Microsoft btstack.  I'm not sure how I'm doing it, but I am.
I have a Belkin FT012xx1 BT dongle and it uses Widcomm btstack.  I could at the time only use GlovePIE to interact, but I really wanted to get Labview to recognize my controller. 
Everytime, I would get an error from the "Wiimote Set Output Report.vi" and the Input Report vi.  So, out of curiosity, I went into the VI and changed it so that it would not pass on any errors.  What followed amazed me.  It ran.  Not only did it run, but it also knew what LEDs on my wiimote were on....Smiley Surprised 
After some observation, I was running GlovePIE simultaneously and only those elements that my script was using in GlovePIE were the ones LabView had access to.  

So, basically, I think if you can connect some other way to GlovePIE and just put a script like:

if wiimote.dot1vis then
endif

for each of the elements you want to enable, then Labview might have access to it.
I'm ecstatic about this. I overcame the Microsoft BTStack barrier! I just did it tonight (erm, or this morning) and so I still need to play around with it just to make sure. Maybe I'm dreaming. I haven't been so lucky in a long time.

0 Kudos
Message 43 of 220
(8,583 Views)

Hi all,
Is there a 'Master VI' that should be run or are these merely sub-VI's that should be wired up? I currently have the Wii linked up and am looking to gather, initially at least, some accelerometer data and write the data to file. Thanks!

Tyler

Tyler C. | Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer

0 Kudos
Message 44 of 220
(8,521 Views)
Apart from the Usage VIs, most of the VIs included in the zip folders are VIs that should be used as a part of a larger application. Refer to the usage VIs included in the zipped folders for examples on how to implement the VIs as a part of a larger application.

Mehak D.
0 Kudos
Message 45 of 220
(8,473 Views)
I am pretty new to this, so it might be a stupid question but Is it also possible to get the intensity of the IR-sensor within Labview? I see it is a possibility of Wiimote (http://wiibrew.org/index.php?title=Wiimote#IR_Camera) but can I also do this with the files you provided?
0 Kudos
Message 46 of 220
(8,365 Views)

Hi I'm a very new user to Labview, currently having alot of problems messing with the VIs. Does anyone have a working sample on using the Wiimote to remotely control the lego tribot where I can just compile and load it into the NXT?

Help is very much appreciated, thanks! 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 47 of 220
(8,177 Views)
Hello Ryany,

If you are new to LabVIEW, I suggest that you read through the many tutorials that are online.  You can even think of taking a LabVIEW Basics course

You can take a look at the code that controls the Roomba that other ppl have posted earlier in this thread, and modify it as required.

Has anyone else used the wiimote to control a Lego NXT?

Kameralina

0 Kudos
Message 48 of 220
(8,122 Views)

Dear sshearman

:

I have used your program WiiimoteLib121test (events).vi,It can work (with the blusoleil)

could your tell me

How could I send the X Acceleration data to a new Indicator(not to the wiimotestate.ctl)

because i want to send the data to the 8051 microchip

Could you give me a example to do that

The Attached file is my vi file changed from your  WiiimoteLib121test (events).vi

But  the X Acceleration data could not changed repeatly

Thanks for your help

hsiaochung@cc.chit.edu.tw

0 Kudos
Message 49 of 220
(7,804 Views)
Hello hsiaochung,

I suggest starting with the other main example included with my LabVIEW code, "WiimoteLib12test (polling).vi". It polls the driver for the data from the wiimote and is more straightforward than the event-based example, which waiting for an event callback to get the data.

If you work with polling example, you can pull the acceleration data from the cluster directly from the Wiimote state cluster.

--Sam
Sam Shearman
0 Kudos
Message 50 of 220
(7,768 Views)