LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using a subVI to toggle an LED for one second

Hi,

I'm pretty new to Labview, but I thought I'd gotten the hang of most of the subtleties so far. Alas it seems that is not true.

Basically I'm trying to pass a time into a VI. It'll then take that time and on the output give you a true signal for as long as the time you passed into it. It's used to toggle an output for one second. When I run it in the subVI it works no problems, but when I try to use it in my main VI it does absolutely nothing, and I'm stumped as to where I'm going wrong here.

If anyone's got any ideas what I'm doing wrong, or maybe a better method to do this, that would be great.

Chris.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,916 Views)

Obviously, if you are trying to control an indicator in the main VI, nothing will happen until the subVI finishes. Is that what you mean by does not work? If you want to see an indicator on the main flash on and off, one way is to use pass a reference of the main's indicator to the subVI and write to a value property in the subVI. There are numerous examples and alternate methods have been discussed here.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,915 Views)