LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using a remote device (tablet, phone, etc) to provide a user-interface for LabVIEW

Hi Montanaro2012, you can always find examples by going to help>>find examples and search for web service. Take a look at the following link as well.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/D9B247551BE7F46A8625795000552CDE?OpenDocument

I you can narrow down what you specifically looking for, I can assist better.

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 35
(2,002 Views)
Hello, I am currently using Labview on Ipad:
My project involves variables local subnet using a computer with Labview 2011, and retrieved via the iPad.
I managed to recover varaibles, but the problem when I run my program, the result is that the variable is not displayed, and an error message appears: "This variable has no value ".
I wish I help to complete my project.
Cordially.
Jeff.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 35
(1,973 Views)

And now one more option available for what you're asking - LabVIEW WebPager (https://labicom.net/labdeveloper/WebPager/webpager_home.html). Ready to go in a few clicks, cross-platform and starting from only $0.05. Enjoy! Smiley Happy

=========================
Igor Titov, ex-CLA
ex-Labicom.net, ex-CERN, etc.
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 35
(1,895 Views)

I have this LabVIEW program for intelligent charging of Electric Vehicles (EV) which communicates with the hardware (charging station and EV) via c-RIO modules. The PC has 2 LAN cables, one connected to the internet and another to the c-RIO system. I want this program to be available on a tablet/ mobile phone (the tablet being tested for the time being is Surface RT with Windows 8 OS). I have ruled out the following options for the reasons mentioned:

1) Remote front panels: Surface doesn't support LabVIEW Run Time Engine.

2) LabVIEW Web UI Builder: Although it says that Microsoft Silverlight is supported on Windows tablet, I couldn't find anything on the RT Store.

3) LabSocket System: It's extremely expensive and only available for LabVIEW 2013. My program runs on LabVIEW 2012.

4) Webpager: I've used the trial version. Although it works for smaller VIs (with control difficulties), it doesn't show anything on the webpage for the main program (which is a state machine with multiple tabs and the tabs can only be accessed in a sequential manner). Also it works on PC but not on tablet.

There are few other options which I have few queries about:

1) Data Dashboard: It seems to be the best option so far. So, I gathered the system and the tablet should be within the same internal network. For that should I connect the c-RIO and the tablet via a common network or the PC and the tablet? will it have time lapses in graphs if I switch to and fro the pages? 

2) VI Remote: Can an iPad/ iPhone/ iPod be used to remotely control the program using the VI Remote toolkit?

3) T4SM has this product called Remote Control for LabVIEW. How useful would the product be for this application? Would it be compatible with the existing tablet? 

Please assist me in deiciding which the most feasible option is. Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 35
(1,720 Views)

Hi shreya0005,

Using Data Dashboard would probably the simplest solution, it's supported on Android and Windows 8. You'll be able to see any network shared variables that are on your network. So if your PC has access to all the data from your cRIO you'll be able to push that data via the network shared variables to a tablet with Data dashboard on the same network as the PC. If you're not familiar with our Shared Variable Engine you can read more about network shared variables here:

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/4679/en/#toc3

Also, Data Dashboard won't be able to display your front panel as you see it in LabVIEW, it'll display any data you share with network shared variables in its own native way that varies between platforms. 

As for VI Remote and T4SM's RCF add-on for LabVIEW, I'm not sure what toolkit you're referring to as VI Remote. T4SM's RCF add-on might be able to work since it seems to be based on HTML5 but I'm not familiar with their product, you may be able to contact T4SM for advice. 

Hope this helps!

Message 25 of 35
(1,689 Views)

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

VI Remote is a product of Throwlab. 

http://throwlab.com/VIremote/index.html You could have a look here. 

The RCF Add On is a similar product to VI Remote built by T4SM.

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 35
(1,671 Views)

There's a new kid on the block. Take a look at  www.wezarp.com . 

Looks good. Not sure about its advantages and disadvantages relative to other offerings or price.

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 35
(1,559 Views)

The Wezarp video looks good. It sounds like they allow you to embed a VNC server into the application or something along these lines. A very expensive development license: 2450 euros.

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 35
(1,549 Views)

2450 Euros! Well,that's the end of this option for me.

Wonder if there is a hobbyist license. My application is part of a LabVIEW based home automation system where there are multiple iPads spread around the house.

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 35
(1,539 Views)

Hello,

I just read your last posts regarding Wezarp.

If you are interested by Wezarp for a private use, send me a email to sales@wezarp.com , explain me your application and I will be pleased to offer you the activation code. Of course this is for individual use only.

Regarding the price of Wezarp, this is a one payment license for a development computer. You will be able to build and deploy any LabVIEW application you want with no additionnal charge.

Wezarp clients for Windows and iOS are free of charge.

Hope it will help!

Best regards

Jeff

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 35
(1,480 Views)