LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using a Multicolumn Listbox To Retrieve Selection Items

that can be accomplished.  Try using a mouse down filter event on the listbox.  Use the Point to Row Column method to get the row.  Check to see if the value is already in the listbox array.  if so remove it.  If not, add it.  Update the display of the listbox.  Then discard the mouse down event.

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 19
(2,074 Views)

DavidStevenson wrote:What I would like is this usage without needing to hold down the cntl key.

But that goes against every single UI I have ever seen.  That would just confuse users.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 19
(2,072 Views)

aputman: Thanks, I will have a play with that. ( the lazy part of me says any example code?  8-) )

crossrulz: It depends on whether the machine has a keyboard.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 19
(2,063 Views)

OOOOOKKKKKKK. Smiley Very Happy

mc_listbox.png

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
Message 14 of 19
(2,053 Views)

just mouse down on any row, shift reg saves values...

listbox.png

Message 15 of 19
(2,039 Views)

My thanks to both of you.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 19
(2,003 Views)

I know this an old thread, but could somebody point out my obvious mistake.

I was looking at the example posted by apok and have on major problem.

When ever I put a MCL onto a front panel and look at the "value" property node I only see it giving my a long 32 int not an array. I asumed that to get an array out of value I need to set someother property, but after an hour playing I cannot find which one. Help please 

Danny Thomson AshVire Ltd
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 19
(1,885 Views)

@danny_t wrote:

When ever I put a MCL onto a front panel and look at the "value" property node I only see it giving my a long 32 int not an array.

You need to right click>>Selection Mode>>Data type>>Array

Thank you for the quick reply. 

Really do not know how I missed that one .

Danny Thomson AshVire Ltd
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 19
(1,869 Views)