From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using USB NI-6008 on LV7.1 the results data has to be in Excel. It looks as cluster data format that i can not insert into excel VI

I am Using USB 6008 with LV 7.1. The application is voltage logger and i would like to use excel and upload the data . The Columns will be the channels and the rows will be the data.
The data comes from the DAQmx vi not like a simple string or an number it is kind of cluster data
which contains strings and numbers and more for each measurement.
I tryed to work with spraedshit and it goes ok but it is not conveniant to convert later to excel.
Do you have a solution for that please?
(How to extract the data from the cluster type format that is used with USB6008).

TX arik

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,737 Views)
Sorry , i attached wrong file

Here is the problematic file attached now
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,733 Views)
Arik:

I hope all is well. If you are trying to write data to a text file along with the header information, you could do the following:

1. Open a reference to a file and write the header information right away.
2. Do your continuous acquisition (in a loop) using the 6008 and write the data to a file everytime.
3. With the proper formatting, your colums will represent channels and your rows data.

Please take a look at the attached example and let me know if you have any other questions.

Regards,

Rudi N.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,706 Views)

TX

I will examine that soon and return back

Have a nice day

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,697 Views)
TX TX TX

I understood my mistake , it is a great solution - DAqmx has all kinds of output formats

I found what i need and i have seen your example.

Great , solved

TX
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,692 Views)
Arik:

I am glad everything is working fine now. Please do not hesitate to post if I can be of further help.

Regards,

Rudi N.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,681 Views)