LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using USB NI-6008 on LV7.1 the results data has to be in Excel. It looks as cluster data format that i can not insert into excel VI

I am Using USB 6008 with LV 7.1. The application is voltage logger and i would like to use excel and upload the data . The Columns will be the channels and the rows will be the data.
The data comes from the DAQmx vi not like a simple string or an number it is kind of cluster data
which contains strings and numbers and more for each measurement.
I tryed to work with spraedshit and it goes ok but it is not conveniant to convert later to excel.
Do you have a solution for that please?
(How to extract the data from the cluster type format that is used with USB6008).

TX arik

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,739 Views)
Sorry , i attached wrong file

Here is the problematic file attached now
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,735 Views)
Arik:

I hope all is well. If you are trying to write data to a text file along with the header information, you could do the following:

1. Open a reference to a file and write the header information right away.
2. Do your continuous acquisition (in a loop) using the 6008 and write the data to a file everytime.
3. With the proper formatting, your colums will represent channels and your rows data.

Please take a look at the attached example and let me know if you have any other questions.

Regards,

Rudi N.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,708 Views)

TX

I will examine that soon and return back

Have a nice day

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,699 Views)
TX TX TX

I understood my mistake , it is a great solution - DAqmx has all kinds of output formats

I found what i need and i have seen your example.

Great , solved

TX
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,694 Views)
Arik:

I am glad everything is working fine now. Please do not hesitate to post if I can be of further help.

Regards,

Rudi N.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,683 Views)