LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using TaskDialogIndirect (comctl32.dll)

Hi,

I'm trying to use the Win-API-Function "TaskDialogIndirect" (inside comctl32.dll) to get some fancy dialogs. But I've no success. I can make the call, even can pass the structure TASKDIALOGCONFIG and get the empty dialog. But I've no chance to set any parameters in this structure. They seem to be messed-up. I.e. when I set the CommonFlags, it will influence the window title ...

The function is described here:TaskDialogIndirect function (msdn) , the structure documentation can be found here: TASKDIALOGCONFIG structure

I've attachted the VI, maybe it's just a typo and I'm blind?

Thanks for your suggestions!

Peter

PS: Forgot to tell: It's a Win7-64 bit system, running LV2012 (same effect in LV2014)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,155 Views)

Hi Peter,

is your code running programmed with another software. So one question would be: Is your code correct but incorrectly executed or not.

Best regards

Christoph

Staff Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD), Certified LabVIEW Embedded Systems Developer (CLED)

Don't forget Kudos for Good Answers, and Mark a solution if your problem is solved
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,111 Views)

Hi,

actually I've figured out the problem: I had to swap the bits and bytes I use in the structure. WHen I just create a proper cluster ("adapt to type"), LabVIEW will get confused with the u64 handles inside this structure. Once I created a raw U8-array with the approbiate size, I can insert at the correct offset my swapped bytes and get the expected result.

Long story short - Now my code is running (I have to create a 32bit-version as well).

best regards

Peter

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,103 Views)