From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Report generation toolkit to log data

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

Is there a way to log data to an Excel template using report generation toolkit? I've used it to create a report from existing data in a CSV file but would like to eliminate the middle man so to speak and log data as it is read. It doesn't have to be fast maybe once a second. Are there some examples out there?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,741 Views)

Sure, you can use the template - you can find the basic exampe even in NI Example Finder -> Report Generation for Microsoft Office -> Excel Reports -> Excel Report - Generate from Template.vi.

Hope, that this will help...

logos_middle.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,703 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author GDthomas

You can find an even better example here in the Forums (I wrote it myself).  Do a search for "Revised Example" and take the obvious (first) choice.

Bob Schor

Message 3 of 6
(2,692 Views)

hello, 

Am using report generation tool kit to log my data after the completion of test, for every time after the completion of test new excel sheet is getting created but i want all the tests data of whole month to be in single file.

Please help me

Best regards,

Ali

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,505 Views)

You can change your code in a way, that the latest created file will be used as template file for new test. Then, new measurements you'll write to the end of the file.

Or (what is better option), is to have some separate small tool/process, which will check the folder with files, and concatenate them to one file - based on specified time of measurements, let's say.

Sincerely, kosist90

logos_middle.jpg

Check out new features and changes in LabVIEW 2017!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,492 Views)

Ali,

Instead of "highjacking" someone else's Post, why don't you read the response I wrote to your question?  If you don't understand something and need further clarification for your post, ask it there.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,484 Views)