LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using NI LabVIEW PID.vi to control 4 quadrant dc power supply in MOKE application; but the Process Variable won't achieving Zero Set Point, oscillating either side of zero instead !! Please help me to resolve this issue

Please see the image also where the PID values can be seen.

Thank You

PID.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,926 Views)

Hi Aruvi,

PID controls are made for linear systems. When your system acts nonlinear you need to use a different control algorithm - or adapt your PID to use different PID parameters depending on system workpoint!

In the PID toolkit you will find a GainSchedule function that helps you in this matter…

And PLEASE put more text in the message body and (much) less in the topic title!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 7
(2,898 Views)

How did you choose your PID tuning values? Did you go through one of the standard PID tuning methods? If you do not do a full tuning of the PID loop, you are unlikely to get stable performance. It is difficult to tune a PID loop properly through trial and error.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,843 Views)

@GerdW

Thank You...... 🙂

But didn't you notice that the other set points are achieved properly, but zero wasn't. Tha fact is that we have to go to the negative side also.... what to do?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,798 Views)

@nathand

Thanks for the reply...

I am using this PID logic for the first time. Do you have any link to learn tuning PID parameters?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,796 Views)

Hi NIExplorer,

what to do? My first approach would be to use Gain Scheduling - as written before…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,768 Views)

@

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,746 Views)