From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Local Variables with DSC

Hello,

I am a student using labview to simulate a water treatment plant. When creating my VI I used local variables to simulate the tanks filling and emptying. When I build my IO server in my DSC project I get a warning saying that data from local variables will not be published. When I continue and build my shared variable library and my new VI, the tanks fill but do not empty. In the original VI the primary variable is used to fill and the local is used to empty.

Can anyone tell me is it possible to use local variables with DSC or do I totally need to rewrite my original VI ????

All help appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,286 Views)

Local variables, as their name suggests have local scope only.  I.e. locals are only accessible from within the same VI.  Without more info i dont think we can help any more but i hope this does answer the question.

all the best, 

MIchael

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,278 Views)

What is the IO server you are trying to build?

What the warning message says is Local variables or Property Nodes will not receive the Published Data updates. It means Local variables or Property Nodes will not get the latest value of Controls/indicators updated using the Shared Variable or PSP protocol.

You can still use Local variable to pass the data within a VI but it should not be a control or indicator on a front panel of a main VI, which you are publishing it through IO Server.

Hope it helps.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,265 Views)