LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Labview on Windows, want to build executables to run on Linux

I currently use LabView as a rapid prototyping tool for data analysis routines and plotting of results (As well as hardware control). I currently build and distribute these tools for use with the run-time engine on Windows PCs however I now need to build varsions of the same tools to run on a server under Linux.

I have already seen that this can be done using a Linux version of LabView, opening the VI and rebuilding the application. Is there a tool I can use on my current system to build for distribution to Linux systems or at least a cheaper option than purchasing an additional copy of LabView + application builder?

Cheers

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,108 Views)

The only tool that exists to create Linux version is the LabVIEW for Linux development system and application builder.

If you don't want to buy it and you have only a couple of apps to create, you could probably pay an Alliance member or other consultant to do it.

Message 2 of 6
(3,106 Views)
You can try running the app under Wine. But last I heard the latest LabVIEW Run-Time versions don't install properly under Wine.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,101 Views)

Thanks for swift response

As I feared then.

Unfortunately the nature of "rapid prototyping" is that it's more than just a couple of apps.

Guess I'll have to weigh up to costs of Linux version vs recoding.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,100 Views)
Or you could demand that your customer switch to a windows machine like a normal person. :smileywink: 
Cory K
Message 5 of 6
(3,071 Views)

"Dennis Knutson" <x@no.email> wrote in message
news:1224180610246-793513@exchange.ni.com...
> The only tool that exists to create Linux version is the LabVIEW for Linux
development system and application builder.

And LabVIEW Microprocessor SDK...

Regards,

Wiebe.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,051 Views)