LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using LabView to control DT Acquire (an image acquisition software)

Hi,

I am trying to acquire images into LabView.  I have a program that takes a bitmap image and plots it on an intensity graph and then allows for cross-sectional cuts of the image to show the intensity of the light along the rows and columns of pixels.  I have been using DT Acquire (the software that came with the frame grabber) to capture and save the images in bitmap form.  I would like to use LabView for the entire process, but am unsure of the best way to do this.  Is it better to have LabView communicate directly with the image acquisition card (Model: DT 3155 from Data Translation) or have LabView communicate with the acquisition software?  In either case, what is the best way to go about acheiving my goal? 

Thanks in advance,
K80
Using LabView 7.1 on Windows XP

P.S.  When I convert the images from a bitmap image to a 2D Array of pixel intensities and then map them on an intensity graph the image is being rotated 90 degrees to the right.  I can transpose the array to rotate it another 90 degrees but then the image is upside down.  Is there an easy way to flip the image? 
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,350 Views)
K80,

The ideal way to use LabVIEW to control the entire process would be to use an NI-IMAQ framegrabber because there are IMAQ acquisition specific functions in LabVIEW.  However, since you already have a framegrabber this probably isn't an option.  The next best option would be to use LabVIEW to interface with the DT Acquire software dll's.  Dll's can be called in from LabVIEW using the Code Interface Node.  The System Exec function could also be an option, which allows you to make command prompt calls from LabVIEW.  As far as your question with the orientation of the Intensity Graph display, you can change the axis values on the graph itself to flip each axis.  For example, instead of the x-axis increasing to the right, you can change the values so the decrease to the right, and it will look like the plot has been flipped.  This involves no extra coding or manipulation of the array itself.

Jason N
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,329 Views)