cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using LabVIEW to control Lakeshore Model 330 Temperature Controller

Solved!
Go to solution

Andra,

I think you should start another thread.

J

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(1,830 Views)

Andra,

First of all, I would echo Jose and say that it is always best to create a new thread as your issue will get more attention from the community on a new thread.

That said, the Lake Shore 336 Controller does have LabVIEW drivers available here. With these drivers installed, your device's functions should appear under Instrument I/O>Instr Drivers>Lake Shore 336 in the LabVIEW Functions palette. There is documentation on each VI to tell you how to use it (go to Help>Show Context Help and hover over the VI). Your manual should describe the functionality available with your device which may help you understand how to use the VIs.

If you have general questions about how to get around in LabVIEW, you can start here.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(1,813 Views)

Hi all, I'm using the lakeshore  330 with labview.... all things are working except the ramping function.... I've inserted in my VI the ramp controller but nothing change. Also I'm not able to set a ramp in manual way (like manual of instrument indicates).... is it a problem of my instrument or I do wrong???

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(1,598 Views)

Hi Vamos,

As mentioned by Jose and Alisha, I would be best to create a new thread so your issue gets more attention from the community.

MJ
Application Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(1,574 Views)

Hello, I'm just wondering if you figure out your Temperature Controller issures, I'm having the same issue where i need some sort of programe or labview to recored and manage the changes of the temperature If you can helpi will realy approciate it that thank you in advance

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(1,522 Views)

Hey Dino77 - welcome to the NI Community!

If you're looking for a program to record data from the controller, we offer a driver for it linked here.

The functions and documentation are included in the download, and as long as you already have LabVIEW installed you'll be able to use the functions provided to record data from your sensor. 

Since this thread is rather old and inactive that already has an answer selected, I suggest posting a new thread if you have questions about using specific functions. Your question will be seen by more community members if it is a new thread and a specific question. 

Nathan Murphy
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(1,503 Views)

Thank you for your quick replay

one more quiestion

can we interface lakeshore 321 with  PC using only rj-11 Ethernet on both sides with no adapter

thank you in adavance

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18
(1,481 Views)

On the page that I linked you to before, there is also a column that specifies the interface. For this particular driver, it is only compatible with GPIB & Serial. You will need to convert to one of those protocols in order to interface with this model in LabVIEW. 

Nathan Murphy
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(1,469 Views)