LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Jenkins to launch LabVIEW via Windows batch file

Hi all,

I am setting up a Jenkins CI server on my dev machine.  This is a temporary setup and Jenkins will live on its own machine once I figure out to get it all working.  I'm using Jenkins-Autobuild from Git, Jenkins 2.19.3, TSVN, LabVIEW 2015, and a Windows 10 laptop.

Jenkins seems to be configured correctly.  I set up my first project and configured the batch files.  When I trigger a build, Jenkins does an update via TortoiseSVN, it then runs build.bat, and finally it runs LabVIEWbuild.bat... at this point, "Starting LabVIEW" is shown and the cursor spins around and around...  LabVIEW never starts and the program just sits there until I stop the build process.  Task Manager shows that the LabVIEW process never opens during the batch file runs.

When I run build.bat from the command prompt, it calls LabVIEWbuild.bat and LabVIEW starts.

Also, created  a one-line batch file to open labview and created a Jenkins project for it..  same thing..  LabVIEW won't open when Jenkins runs the batch file but opens when the batch file is run manuall via the command prompt.

Anyone run into this?

Thanks!

Charlie

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,769 Views)

Hi Charlie,

This seems like an issue on the Jenkins side, or at least one that would require familiarity with Jenkins. I'm not sure how many people on this forum work with Jenkins, so I'd recommend seeing if you can find Jenkins support forums and looking for help there.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,702 Views)

OK, I found Ryan's area for Continuous Integration.  I'll post there.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,655 Views)