LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Ethernet/IP to connect to Keyence NU-EP1 adapter

Hi,

I am trying to use labview to read the output values of some Keyence sensors that are linked to a Keyence NU-EP1 adapter.  I am using NI Industrial Communications fir Ethernet/IP.  I can sucessfully see the values for the basic Classes such as identity, TCP/IP and ethernet link.  I can not get it to read the actual value of the measurement from the sensor, though.  I am assuming that I need to use implicit messaging with Labview being the receiver(Scanner.)

Can this be done?

Thanks or any replies

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,124 Views)

Hi Todd1313,

What data type are the measurements stored as?

Have you tired the LabVIEW example located at: LabVIEW Help>>Find Examples>>Hardware Input and Output>>NI-Industrial Communications>>Ethernet/IP>>EtherNetIP Adapter.lvproj.

I would recommend using the example VIs as s starting point.

Also, please post this on the Industrial Communications forum: http://forums.ni.com/t5/Industrial-Communications/bd-p/260

Regards, 

Kyle S. 
Applications Engineer 
National Instruments 
http://www.ni.com/support 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,075 Views)

Thanks for the reply.

I was given the wrong model of the adaptor from the engineer in charge of the project and was using the wrong "class" in the attempt to communicate.  After changing to the correct class I was able to get the numbers to come through.

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,017 Views)

Hello, 

I try connect to NU-EP1 over labview but i have no idea how get data from unit. Can you help me with this?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,077 Views)

@Manasek wrote:

Hello, 

I try connect to NU-EP1 over labview but i have no idea how get data from unit. Can you help me with this?

Thank you

You may want to start a new thread since this one is from 2016 and the original poster hasn't posted in the last 5 years.

For starters, do you have the NI-Industrial Communications for Ethernet/IP licensed and installed?

Have you written any code at all for this?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,061 Views)