LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Charts with time on X axis

I am saving data using .txt format for 13 channels of information.  The total data file has 13 separate columns of info. with the first being date and the second column time when the data was recorded.  I would like to call this data from the file and use the second column with the time displayed on the x axis of the chart.  I am sure this can be done but dont know how to do it.  If anyone can give me an idea I would appriciate it.

TNx,
/steve
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,483 Views)
Hi SJeane,

You will probably want to be using the XY Graph (as opposed to a Waveform graph).  Go to Help » Find Examples in LabVIEW, and search for "XY Chart.vi" and "XY Graph.vi" for a good demonstration of how it is used, and let us know if you have any questions.
Eric V
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer

"I'm a Ramblin' Wreck from Georgia Tech and a helluva (NI Applications) Engineer!"
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,449 Views)
If the data is regularly sampled, then you can simply use a graph instead of a chart. You are reading (presumably) the data from the file all at once so a graph will work better. In order to display time on the x axis, you can read the two columns with the date and time and create a timestamp, calculate the dt from two different rows, and then create a waveform data type. You could also use the timestamp and dt and write to a property node of the graph and set XScale.Offset and XScale.Multiplier.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,437 Views)