From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UserParameter of RegisterEventCallback node

The help says that "User Parameter contains data that LabVIEW passes to the user through the callback VI when the ActiveX object generates the event." I understand that each time the ActiveX object generates the event, the data connected to the User Parameter is passed to the callback VI. My question is: What if the data changes between several events?

Let say I wire a button to the User Parameter.
When the Register Event Callback node is processed by LabView, the button is false.
Several seconds after that time the ActiveX object starts firing events.
From what I see I can assume that the callback VI see an false (no files are created).
When I click the button, I expect, after reading the help file, that from now on a true will be seen by the callback VI.
But that's not true, still no files created by the callback VI.

If I start with a true button, files are created from the first event but I can't stop it by clicking the button to false.

Out of these test I conclude that the data passed to the Callback VI is the data when the Callback VI was registered, not real time data.
Is this correct or am I doing something wrong??

Thanks a lot for any inputs!
Alain
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,166 Views)
Hi Alain

Could you attach a vi that demonstrates the issue.
Kurt Friday
www.sciware.com.au
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,140 Views)