LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User interface problem: list of clusters

Hi everyone

Thanks for this discussion.  I'm [hoping] that this won't need to be maintained once it's out there and I won't be using this personally outside of some initial testing.  The number of items is limited by hardware, but that limit is 2*64*127 items spread across 63 nodes so I'd rather not copy + paste however many times that is.  That being said, if it's a huge computational hit to dynamically create these items, then so be it.  I can make notes on the front VI just saying to open another instance if absolutely necessary but I don't imagine anyone coming anywhere near close to the theoretical limits of the hardware because it only has finite RAM.

Thanks again for the discussion

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 22
(877 Views)

@cchock_idg wrote:

Hi everyone

Thanks for this discussion.  I'm [hoping] that this won't need to be maintained once it's out there and I won't be using this personally outside of some initial testing.  The number of items is limited by hardware, but that limit is 2*64*127 items spread across 63 nodes so I'd rather not copy + paste however many times that is.  That being said, if it's a huge computational hit to dynamically create these items, then so be it.  I can make notes on the front VI just saying to open another instance if absolutely necessary but I don't imagine anyone coming anywhere near close to the theoretical limits of the hardware because it only has finite RAM.

Thanks again for the discussion

Famous last words of any developer.

If the information is all the same you only need one VI that you will call dynamically as many times as you need. The VI should be re-entrant which will allow multiple copies to run at the same time. Depending on your environment you may need to used preallocated or shared clones. Either way, you do not need to have a copy for each of the 63 nodes. They are created dynamically as you call/use them.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 22
(874 Views)