LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use two VIs with the same name, different functionality on a single Project

Hi, I'm working with vision builder al labview, I need to integrate the vision builder migration Vis into my main program, (Is not an option), but I have multiple Vis autogenerated with the same name, how can i integrate them in the same project without dependency problems

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,800 Views)

Libraries.  In your project, right-click on a folder and choose Create->Library.  Name the library something intuitive.  You can now put VIs and controls inside of the library.  This will make the name of the VIs inside of the library be Library::VI.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 5
(2,795 Views)

I've done that but when you migrate the code from vision builder to labview it creates some libraries too, when i load the second package of vis and libraries labview shows conflicts, 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,792 Views)

Hi..

You should try migrating the VBAI Inspection to a new project, saving the project as a library and doing that for every script. Later you will have several libraries with different names that contain projects and sublibraries that you can later use in a whole new project without dependency issues.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,736 Views)

Hi,

Unless you really need tight integration between the Vision code and the rest of your LabVIEW application, or would rather not have to pay for a Vision Builder AI runtime license on the targets on which you want to deploy your final application, I would recommend you look into using the Vision Builder AI LabVIEW API instead of migrating the inspection to LabVIEW.

The API allows to control Vision Builder AI by launching a Vision Builder AI engine, running the inspection and retrieving resulting images and results.

The advantage of the API is that it allows for easier modification and debugging of the Vision Inspection that you designed in Vision Builder, if you need to make changes later. (i.e. all you need to do is open the inspection in Vision Builder AI, modify parameters, add steps etc).

You won't have to change your LabVIEW application, unless you want to output additional results.

When you build and deploy your application, you will need to install Vision Builder AI on the target machine and get a runtime license for it.

Migrating the inspection to LabVIEW is a one way deal. If you need to make changes to the inspection, you will have to migrate the inspection again, or modify the code outside of the Vision Builder AI environment.

As you might have noticed, the code generated is quite complex, and it is recommended to go this route only if you need really tight integration/synchronization between the vision code and the rest or your LabVIEW code, or if you would rather pay for a cheaper Vision runtime license rather than a VBAI runtime license for the deployment machine (in case of deploying multiple systems where cost is a big consideration).

Vision Builder AI API examples are located in this folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\Vision Builder AI\API Examples\LabVIEW Examples

Hope this helps clarify the use cases and help you make the right decision for your design.

Best regards,

Christophe

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,715 Views)