From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use built-in GPIO with LabVIEW

Hi all,

the Windows XP PC i use to develope my applications has 8 built-in GPIO, which i need to use. These IOs are managed by the Winbond W83627DHG chipset placed on the motherboard.

On the motherboard manual, the appendix D explains the procedure to realize to get or set the single IO value using the DOS debug.exe command:

-o 4E 87 ;enter configuration
-o 4E 87
-o 4E 07
-o 4F 09 ;enale GPIO function
-o 4E 30
-o 4F 02 ;enable GPIO configuration
-o 4E F0
-o 4F XX ;set GPIO as input/output; set ‘1’ for input,’0’for output
-o 4E F1
-o 4F XX ;if set GPIO’s as output,in this register its value can be set
-o 4E F2
-o 4F XX ; Data inversion register ; ‘1’ inverts the current valus of the bits ,’0’ leaves them as they are
-o 4E 30
-o 4F 01 ; active GPIO’s

Following the above procedure i successfully reached the goal to get or set the value of every single IO. The same goal can be achieved by using WinIO v3.0, a simple program which uses a specific dll called "WinIo32.dll".

Now i would like to integrate these commands in a VI, in order to allow a more user-friendly approach in commanding these IOs.

Which is the best way to realize this?

Thanks a lot, mates!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,236 Views)

Option 1: Use System Exec to call that DOS debug.exe program.

Option 2: Use a CLFN to call the functions in the DLL. You would need documentation on the DLL and how to call it. You would also need to have some basic knowledge of C, though the amount of knowledge depends entirely on the complexity of the DLL and the parameters that are used (arrays, structures, pointers, etc).

Unless you have a particular penchant for masochism, I suggest Option 1.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,213 Views)

Hallo

I’m thinking to use W83627 for some temperature measurement. Did somebody do some VI for this IC? Motherboard have GPIO connector, so why not used it.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,099 Views)

Hello,

I want to use "System Exec to call dos debug",would you like give me some suggestion in details,Thank you!!!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,908 Views)