LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use Wii Balance Board in LabVIEW

hi WillB

thanks for your reply. i`ve not tested what you`ve attached as test file. soon i check it and tell the result. in fact i have disappointed from getting it to transfer data to pc or laptop. anyway i check it with your file too. thanks again

0 Kudos
Message 61 of 77
(1,610 Views)

Hi,

First thank you for the VI, it is really helpful.

Just a quick question, is the X-Y output already in cm? I could not figure it out from the code.

Thank you.

Janick

0 Kudos
Message 62 of 77
(1,571 Views)

hi again,

I opened your file in labview but it needs "wiimotestate.ctl" and more files which cant be found, where can i find them?

0 Kudos
Message 63 of 77
(1,556 Views)

I've attached a zip that should contain all associated controls and subVI's. This was the set of VIs that I started with.

0 Kudos
Message 64 of 77
(1,544 Views)

Hey Janick,

I think the X and Y values are in cm, but I'm not entirely sure. It makes sense with the range of output values. If you wanted to be sure, you could get the raw weight value from each sensor and do the center-of-pressure calculation yourself using the distance between the sensors and scaling appropriately.

cheers

0 Kudos
Message 65 of 77
(1,543 Views)

hi WillB

thanks for zip files u sent. It is wierd that my wii balance board still avoids sending information to PC. my wiimote works without any problem in your labview vi file and my balance board is connected to PC via bluetooth devices panel in windows 7, but it never works in the vi file. is it possible that it is damaged inside or a fake balance board? I have tested several times on :

-dolphin  (on PC and laptop) (with bluetooth dongle and main-board bluetooth device)

-wii-flash (on PC)

-labview (on PC and laptop) (with bluetooth dongle and main-board bluetooth device)

but there is no data transfered.

I dont know any other way.

?!

0 Kudos
Message 66 of 77
(1,526 Views)

I'm not entirely sure. I've only been working with the WiiBoard for a couple of months. I know that when I began, I first started with a WiiMote that I knew worked with my Wii. I then made sure my computer could communicate with the WiiMote and drivers were installed. The WiiMote shows up as a bluetooth device named "Nintendo- ..."  or something very similar. Once i was sure that it was recognized, I ran the basic WiiMote VIs and made sure LabView could pull data from them. Once I knew it worked with a WiiMote, I went through the process again with the balance board.

The sites that I used for reference were:

- This Forum Thread

- http://www.wiimoteproject.com/

- http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Wii_Balance_Board

best of luck,

will

0 Kudos
Message 67 of 77
(1,509 Views)

Hi WillB.

Thanks for your comprehensive reply.

In fact for wiimote i have no problem. it works perfect. The problem is with wiimote. For me, it has been a useless device in fact.

0 Kudos
Message 68 of 77
(1,490 Views)

Hi WillB,

Thanks for posting your multiple wii board vi's to the forum. I have been playing around with them and been having some troubles with the connection. At first, I threw in some probes and determined that my issue was with a dropped connection specifically with the first board attached (out of two) when trying to read the board multiple times in 30 second intervals. I have tried breaking out all the subvi's into the main vi so that it is one massive on (bad set up of block diagram I know but it made for easier highlight execution) but still encountering the error. Have you (or anyone who has used the vi's) had any issues like this? I have attached the vi I have modified (LV 2012). Sorry about the poor set up of the block diagram.

Thanks in advance,

Anton

0 Kudos
Message 69 of 77
(1,363 Views)

hello I am trying to acquire the balance bord in labview. you can do it even without wiimote?

thanks

atrinh ha scritto:

Hi WillB,

Thanks for posting your multiple wii board vi's to the forum. I have been playing around with them and been having some troubles with the connection. At first, I threw in some probes and determined that my issue was with a dropped connection specifically with the first board attached (out of two) when trying to read the board multiple times in 30 second intervals. I have tried breaking out all the subvi's into the main vi so that it is one massive on (bad set up of block diagram I know but it made for easier highlight execution) but still encountering the error. Have you (or anyone who has used the vi's) had any issues like this? I have attached the vi I have modified (LV 2012). Sorry about the poor set up of the block diagram.

Thanks in advance,

Anton

0 Kudos
Message 70 of 77
(1,284 Views)