LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use Wii Balance Board in LabVIEW

thanks, so should I make the bluetooth connection before i run this file or  after i run this file? I have tried both, but both failed. in the  WiiBalanceBoard_Calibration.vi  file, it just told me in the the status is not correct. it also reports some error at   Wiimote Open.vi:1 

What is that?

oh, and which index do you refer to?

thanks very much!

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 77
(4,039 Views)

This VI not make the bluetooth connection automatically. First you need  connect the Wii Balance Board to Windows via Bluetooth and after run the Wii Balance Board application in Labview. To connect via Bluetooth you need use ther red button next to the batteries.

In Windows XP its easy, but in Windows 7 is more difficult to connect.

The index is an input for Wiimote Open.vi

Message 22 of 77
(4,033 Views)

thanks. so i have connected via the bluetooth. but when i run the Usage_WiiBalanceBoard.vi . for the WiiBalanceBoard_Get_Sensors.vi file, the right hand side error out status is not correct and it said Wiimote Set Output Report.vi:13  and the in the error out section, the code is -1.

what does that mean?

thanks very much!

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 77
(4,027 Views)

Hi, i have another question. when we make the bluetooth connection, which bluetooth stack should we use? do we use the windows bluetooth stack (winsock) or we use other bluetooth stack like widcomm?

Thanks very much!

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 77
(4,002 Views)

Hi craya,

Sorry to disturb you again. Just wonder have you ever used your wii balance board to connect with the Wii game box or you just bought a brand new Wii Board and run this program? To me, it seems I failed to obtain data from the board, is it possible that we have to first make the connection between the board and the game box in order to "activate" the board before we can make the connection between the Board and the PC?

Thanks very much! 

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 77
(3,982 Views)

Hi, you can use directly the Board with the PC without connect first with Wii game box.

I think your problem is the Bluetooth device. I tested the board on multiple computer (desktop and laptop), and in some computer with the Bluetooth device on the MotherBoard (normally laptops), the board connect but don't work the data acquisition.

Try in a computer without Bluetooth on the MotherBoard and use a external Bluetooth USB adapter.

I haven't installed any bluetooth driver. I work with the default windows driver.

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 77
(3,974 Views)

Hi craya,

Thanks for your reply. The thing is I have used an external bluetooth dongle and it's belkin with the bluetooth stack to be widcomm. But my board is not the original wii board, it is a tempted upgrade version with an electronic scale available. do you think that matters much? And I have tried countless times, just I can't get data from the board. why?

Thanks very much!

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 77
(3,968 Views)

Hi craya, finally I got the board worked. Thanks very much!

But in the program, where can I get the weight data?   

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 77
(3,927 Views)

To find weight it's very easy.

You need add all the sensor values and adjust the ratio of the weight. The relationship tested in some original boards was 102 units per kg. approximately, then to get the weight you need divide the sum of the sensors between 102 and get the weight in kg. 

Ex. If the sum of the four sensors is 7742 then 7742/102 = 75.9 kg.

I don't test any compatible board and it's possible that the ratio can be different. Put a known weight on the board, and calculate the ratio for the compatible board.

Good luck

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 77
(3,913 Views)

Hi craya, sorry to disturb you again. Just wonder can I connect multiple Wii Balance Boards at the same time by running this program? If I can, how do I do that?

Thanks very much!

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 77
(3,890 Views)