cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use IMAQ optical flow (LKP) with dcimg video files

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I want to track displacement of images that captured by a Hamamatsu camera. I capture sequence or video a sample that move and I want to get the displacement vs. the image number. I can do it either from the video file of dcimg format (Hamamastu format) or from the 2D array of each image.

The IMAQ optical flow (LKP).vi have input of IMAQ image type definition and I don't know how to give that input to the vi.

Thanks for help,

Almog

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,020 Views)

This is pretty advanced stuff.  Did you read the Help for this function?  Are you familiar with the cited literature?  Did you study the LabVIEW Examples that were mentioned?

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,978 Views)
Hi, I read the help, the mention literature is not helpful in order to use the vi and also the examples.
My problem is how do I connect 2D array (image) that I get from Hamamastu camera with the image type definition of the IMAQ vi. This will by the best solution for me.
Thanks,
Almog
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,955 Views)

If you already have the 2D pixel array, you can use the IMAQ ImageToArray function.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,893 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author almog.danzig
An image is nothing but 2d array of intensities. If you have 2d array then you can convert it to Imaq image by using IMAQ Array to Image and make sure you create unique image buffer using IMAQ Create.
- Mkae sure you have two buffers for optical flow since it needs both current and previous images to work.
Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,890 Views)

Thank you very much, It's seems to work.

Almog

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,879 Views)