LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use DAQ Assistant to Sample Foot Pedal Input

Hi all,

I have a Linemaster T-91-SC36 foot pedal that I want to interface with an ELVIS II. I'm using the foot pedal to mark an observation and then I will compare the timing of the observation to the data that's simultaneously being recorded. Because it is the timing that I'm comparing, I want to sample the foot pedal and the other data at the same rate. Can I wire the foot pedal's two outputs to an analog input and sample the voltage along with the other data? How do you usually interface a foot pedal with a daq?

Thanks!

Rachel

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,200 Views)

The foot pedal would be sampled using a digital input, if it is a switch (pushed/not pushed).  If the pedal is a potentiometer, then you would need to supply a voltage on the input, and read the output using an Analog In. 

Machine Vision, Robotics, Embedded Systems, Surveillance

www.movimed.com - Custom Imaging Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,178 Views)

I'm pretty sure it's a switch (although the data sheet doesn't tell me much). Assuming it is a switch and I sample it with a digital input, how do I sample analog (my other data) and digital simultaneously both at 1375 Hz?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,155 Views)
You really need to find out. If it is a switch, find out what signal is being switched. Is one side connected to ground for example? Do you need to provide a pull-up? The signal from the switch could just a easily be connected to an analog input.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,149 Views)