From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent Help please

hello

let start from the begining

specification 10% : creating an array containing 100 values between 0- 4 ?

CLAD / Labview 2011, Win Xp
------------------------------------------------------
Mission d'une semaine- à plusieurs mois laissez moi un MP...
RP et Midi-pyrénées .Km+++ si possibilité de télétravail

Kudos always accepted / Les petits clicks jaunes sont toujours appréciés
Don't forget to valid a good answer / pensez à valider une réponse correcte
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 40
(1,597 Views)

Hi fifa,

I would like to help you get started with your project, how far have you progressed with this so far?

It would be helpful if you could post a bit of code and highlight the specific issues you are encountering at the moment.

How much experience have you had in programming in LabVIEW?

Please make your request more tailored to a specific problem and I can help! Don't forget to add some code!

Regards,

John McLaughlin
Academic Account Manager
National Instruments UK & Ireland
Message 12 of 40
(1,550 Views)

Hi,

I have done question 1 and 2

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 40
(1,517 Views)

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 40
(1,517 Views)

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 40
(1,517 Views)

specification 1 and 2

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 40
(1,517 Views)

Why don't you go ahead and post what you've got and then we can provide feedback and suggestions on how to improve the code. We're still not going to write the assignment for you.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 40
(1,485 Views)

Hi there mate,

Sorry to disturb u again but I need some serious help with these question.

I have attached what I have done so far.

This question is designed to work on a set of sampled data from a thickness sensor. The samples are stored in an appropriate array of up to 100 elements. The values represent the depth of the insulation around a particular cable. The thickness can vary from 0- 4 mm represented by a corresponding real value stored in the array. As long as the depth is between 1 and 4 mm the cable falls within the allowable specification however if it falls below 1 mm it is deemed to be too thin.

1). 

Thin values tend to appear as sections or patches along the length of the cable i.e. values of less than 1 mm stored in successive array elements. To design a VI that will meet specification 1 and will also calculate the number of these thin patches. The front panel will now have an extra indicator to display the number of patches.

2). To design a VI that will meet Specification 2 and will also be capable of detecting and displaying the start index and the length (number of successive elements less than 1 mm) of each thin patch.

Hint: Look at Array indicators.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 40
(1,418 Views)

It appears that all that you want to do is to count the number of elements in the array that are less than 1. The code you have doesn't make much sense. In the case structure you are doing exactly the same thing for both cases. Also, since you are trying to get a count, the shift register should be initialized with a scalar, not an array. Why would you use an array for just a count?

Besides, this can be done far more easily:

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 40
(1,394 Views)

This does seem a lot easier than using a case structure but I am not sure how the patches from spec 2 can incorporated into this VI?

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 40
(1,325 Views)